Dr. Hans is a patent attorney at Sunstein. Dr. Hans focuses on patent prosecution, proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and litigation matters involving a wide range of technologies and science including computer networks, data storage systems, visual and graphical computer programming systems, software-based inventions, GPS technology, antennas, medical devices and systems, medical imaging systems, mechanical tools, and consumer products.
Prior to practicing law, Dr. Hans held academic research appointments at Harvard Medical School for eleven years and published fourteen peer-reviewed scientific articles and abstracts. Dr. Hans is fluent in German and Spanish.
- Prepares and prosecutes patent applications in the US and internationally; handles filings in patent litigation cases and before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Conducted research in medical computer science and medical imaging in the radiology departments of Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Boston Children’s Hospital focusing on surgical planning, medical image processing, visualization, and intraoperative navigation.
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Graduated first in his class from New England Law Boston and was the valedictorian for the evening division.
- Arne was named to the Rising Stars list in the practice area of Intellectual Property Litigation for 2019 in Massachusetts, a list limited to 2.5% of the outstanding emerging lawyers in the state who are age 40 and under, or have been practicing 10 years or less. The attorneys featured in Rising Stars were selected by their peers in an extensive nomination and polling process conducted by the research team at Super Lawyers, a service of Thomson Reuters and seen in a special advertising section in Boston magazine.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces