Thomas Carey’s clients rely on his judgment and expertise in strategic matters such as capital-raising, licensing, mergers and acquisitions and tax planning. He also advises clients on privacy, outsourcing, key customer contracts, corporate governance and personnel matters.
- Advises software companies involved in government contracting, including DFARs and ITAR matters.
- Advises inventors and researchers negotiating with universities and research institutions.
- Serves as general counsel to numerous privately-held technology companies.
- Advises clients regarding privacy laws and regulations, including the GDPR and CCPA.
- Advises inventors regarding tax treatment of patent sales and licenses.
- Negotiates patent licenses for medical devices, novel drug compounds, business methods and other technologies.
- Assisted clients in formation of affiliated entities in Europe, Asia and Australia.
Professional and Community Involvement
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- American Intellectual Property Association
- American Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Adjunct professor, New England School of Law.
- Yale Club of Boston.
*The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Icon is a service mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under permission from Reed Elsevier Properties Inc. in accord with the terms and conditions established by Martindale-Hubbell.